Lo and behold, alarms didn't start going off til 8, so we indeed got a leisurely start to the day. A nice conversation about the deadly sins over breakfast and I was on my way. For a Catholic pilgrimage, I am quite surprised at the low number fellow Catholics I have met. As the token Catholic, my 16 years of catechesis is being put to the test! (Everyone, however, lights up when I give them a St James medal.)
After walking through rolling hills, I then hit the part of the Camino one does not think of when one makes plans for this journey. A decent portion was near the highway and I don't have any music to distract from the sound.
The weather is a never ending battle. I feel like Goldilocks - with my jacket I'm too hot but without it I am too cold. My 50 SPF sunblock is apparently no match for the Spanish sun or I am sweating it off sooner than I realize. The sun is nearly always on my left, so I fear I'm turning into Two-Face with a burn on one side.
![]() |
| Nothing about me is fashionable on this trip. |
I have a million thoughts as I walk and try to remember for the blog, but after a long day, my brain doesn't always work. Things I remember thinking today: people can convince themselves of just about anything; even if you have no religious faith, you take so much in this life on faith (trusting people you just meet aren't lying, that others will obey laws and keep you safe, etc); and if everyone tried, we could all actually get along. That's all I've got for the day... Dinner calls.

No comments:
Post a Comment