I made it to the geographical halfway point, at which I took out my GoPro to film. The battery died, which meant unpacking everything to get to the camera equipment at the bottom of my pack. I stopped in a bigger city for lunch (if you call a beer and chips lunch) and got supplies to tend to my blisters.
![]() |
| Halfway |
I showered, figured laundry could wait a day, and relaxed in bed. I had planned on cooking with a fellow pilgrim but when he didn't return from the bar by 6:30, my stomach lead me to the restaurant steps away. An Irish family asked me to join them, which was lovely. Or should I say "gorgeous"? I have never heard that word used so often as in that hour-and-a-half dinner. The bread, the lamb chop, everything - gorgeous!
Tomorrow will be a slightly longer day but apparently the road is original, untouched, from roman times. Time will tell if I made a wise choice. The day after tomorrow I will be in Leon. I had scheduled a day off, so we'll see if I hold to that or not. The nice hotel from "The Way" is there and has a pilgrim rate, so it is tempting.



No comments:
Post a Comment