![]() |
| Happy trees. |
It was a little strange once I arrived at the city before Pamplona. After walking through the forest and mountains it was a bit odd to be walking through the city streets with people going about their regular day. I felt like The Hunchback of Notre Dame traipsing around dragging my walking stick.
I arrived at the German albergue and made the mistake of telling the proprietor that I spoke a little German. Her idea of "a little" and mine are vastly different. She looks expectantly as I catch every fifth word (if that). She is nice and gave me clothes to wear as she does my laundry since - guess what?! - my backpack has not arrived! They're going to make an exception and let me stay here another night since I told them that I'm taking tomorrow off to see Pamplona. Fingers are crossed that I will have meine rucksack manana. (Yes, my brain is a hodgepodge of German and Spanish.)
![]() |
| Pilgrim friends ordering dinner last night. |
I'm not sure if I'll see the friends I made the first few days again or not. Since it's a larger city, there are more albergue options. I also don't know if anyone else is taking the day off. So I will join another group of pilgrims on Wednesday!


Erin this is so awesome and inspiring. I would love to do this when my girls r older. You have inspired me to run the mount Evans ascent again this year. If u can walk that far I can surely run 14 miles up a mountain. Good luck and I look forward to reading more of ur journey...oh and I hope u get ur pack soon. God bless.
ReplyDeleteyour hodgepodge of German and Spanish made me laugh! I have been in that situation too!
ReplyDelete