Last night was a very bustly Saturday night. I had delicious pinchos and vino (Rioja, since we're in the region), with a gal from Canada and one from the states. The town of Logrona was boppin' when we got out. The next morning I went to mass for Palm Sunday at a beautiful cathedral. I left an hour and a half or more after most pilgrims, so I spent the entire day alone.
 |
| Walking alone = selfie |
My feet were exhausted from the 28k day yesterday. Walking out of the city was a bit boring, but a small tree caught my eye. Amid a field of ugly weeds, a pink blooming tree was growing through a fence. It reminded me that amid the worst experiences, you can find beauty, and wonder can indeed grow.
It was another day full of sunshine and the most "buen camino!" greetings in a single day. It made for a most pleasant walk. I took lunch in Navarette. For the first time I took my shoes and socks off. Resting my feet on the cold stones was heaven!
I saw Ventosa in the distance and said to myself "if you see it, you can walk to it." And walk to it, I did. I made it to Ventosa with nothing left to give. I met up with the fabulous American trio who invited me to dinner. The albergue is a charming place and I am quite content. Ready to take on tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment