Thursday, July 2, 2015

Deliberate Love

I have been doing research for my latest script for over a month. Part of this research led me to dive into the theology of original sin (heavy subject considering I am writing a comedy, huh?).

As I read up on what Eden was like before Eve and Adam ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, a line jumped out at me. "All of God's creation gives God glory, but because of free will, man can deliberately love God." Deliberately. We choose - or choose NOT - to love God.

Love is a glorious thing. When you are loved, you feel invincible, like you are on top of the world; nothing can stop you. But when love is deliberately withheld, it is one of the most crushing things in the world. I am sure most every adult has experienced the heartache of a love that fell apart. How much more must God's heart ache when we deliberately turn our backs on him and pull our love from him?

So today, be deliberate in your love for God. Say a prayer, do a random act of kindness for a stranger, show love for a family member or friend, just do SOMETHING!  Can you image a world where we were all mindful of showing and spreading love? I think we'd get an understanding of Eden without having to do any research.


No comments:

Post a Comment